Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heroic defending by John Terry who was caught under the high ball, outpaced and then failed to stop it going over the line!


For once I managed to get back home early yesterday. Well, went out with some friends for dinner before heading back home to the wife and kid. Yes. Kid. The little bundle of joy. Haven't really been going back that early lately mainly since work has been hectic. But it was nice to be able to leave the office while the sun was still up. Actually some times, I do wait until it is a bit later, to wait for traffic to settle down first. So went back home after dinner and managed to get some proper sleep until the morning. Sleep which I haven't been able to get for the last week or so. Yeap. The Euro's are here.

The thing about the Euro's is that, almost all matches is a going to be a good match. This is not like the World Cup, where the early rounds are filled with dead rubbers (like your Spain v Ireland match). Most matches are close. Decent teams against decent teams. The teams that I have been following are England (of course), Germany and the Netherlands. Am a sucker for underdogs as well, hence I do have a keen interest in teams like Ireland, the Danes and Greece as well.

I was up late for the England match 2 nights ago. I must say it was one of the most atrocious matches of football I have ever seen being played by England. They snatched a goal, and then parked the double decker bus. But I must say, Roy at least has England playing to a game plan. And there "seems" to be some team spirit and a sense of togetherness in the team. Gerrard has been good. Not great. He assisted 3 goals already, but hasn't really been able to control the center of the park. But then again, it also could be due to the way Roy has them playing. And yes. Ukraine DID score. It was a goal. Just makes you wonder what the f*ck the match official sitting on the goal line is doing. If you can't make those calls, might as well just don't be there.

Luckily, the workshop I was supposed to run the next day got moved to another day. So was able to waltz into the office at a semi-decent time of half past ten. I could see that most of the guys in the office had their eye bags as well themselves, so I wasn't the only sucker who watched the match that night.

So looking forward to some more nights without sleep.

Note: The title of the post is credited to a tweet I saw on that night. Don't remember who it was, but can't be asked to look for it. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment