Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Allez Morientes!



Well, I guess I am going through another one of those phases where I just don't have much else to do, hence the uncharacteristically regular updating of this blog. My one regular reader (yes, you know who you are) would also notice the change of the background colour as well. Anyhow, It seems that Liverpool has just made a 3.5 mill pound bid for Morientes. 3.5 mill. Now I wonder what on earth were they thinking coming up with that figure in the first place. I mean, come on. Do you actually think Real would have accepted that amount of money for one of the top strikers in the Champions League last season? But I guess, that's one of the differences between Houllier and Benitez, where Houllier would pay over the odd prices for unproven players (Heskey, Diouf, Diao, Cheryou), whereas Rafa would try and pay cheap for proven quality ( I think 11 million for Alonso is a STEAL considering the fact that he was priced in excess of 20 million pounds the year before! ). Anyway, I do sincerely hope that we do get el Morro. Absolute top quality player, although its a shame he can't play for us in the Champs League. Also, there's news that Carlsberg would finally be pulling out of their sponsorship with us. Now that's interesting news. I am wondering who would take over from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment