Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I've Fallen In Love Again.....



I got my hands on the Renee Olstead self titled album over the weekend and I must say that all the hype that I've been reading about her is totally justified! She sounds absolutely stupendous! An unbelievably good and absolutely amazing album. She dishes out the Jazz covers with such maturity in her voice, it's unbelievably hard to imagine that she recorded this album when she was the tender age of fourteen! Yes, fourteen. Most the songs are delivered in such a laid back tempo that just makes you feel like you're floating away. It's hard to imagine that this is the little girl acting in "Still Standing" that used to be showing over on Astro a few months back.

My particular favourites on the album are the duet "Breaking up is hard to do", "Taking a chance on love", "A love that will last" and "Sunday kind of love". However, it has to be pointed out that all the tracks on the album are rendered pretty nicely. That being said, I do prefer Jamie Cullum's rendition of "What a difference a day makes", although her version is more, erm, laid back.

OK, so I guess this album will be sitting in my CD tray for a while now, and will be put right next to the Norah Jones and Joss Stone albums.

Am currently listening to the album now. Feeling floaty, and dreamy. *Sigh*



Pix courtesy of reneeolstead.com

No comments:

Post a Comment