Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Everything But The Girl



Just absolutely bored currently and decided to play my good 'ol "Everything But The Girl - Walking Wounded" CD. It's been ages since i listened to them. Sure brings back some good old memories. (Yeah yeah, i KNOW it's hasn't been THAT long :P)

Anyway, I was at my friendly neighbourhood CD store the other day and while I was minding my own business checking out the "Jazz" section of the place and along came across the "sales rep", noticing I the type of CDs i was browsing through, decided to shove a CD by Katie Melua into my face.

"Aaaa... Ini CD aaa.. manyak bagus ooo... kalau u suka it Norah Jones punya... ini you sure suka punya" (Translated into : This is a very good album. I am sure you would enjoy it if you like songs from the likes of Norah Jones)

With the CD right in front of me, and me thinking "Oh why not, I need to listen to something new, and she doesn't look too bad innit? "

Anyway, I guess the fella does know what he was talking about. After coming home and putting the CD into my laptop while I did my work, I found out that she does have a certain relaxing and soothing feeling to it, although some of her songs do have that borderline "elevator music" feel to it as well. It's somewhat like Norah Jones in a way that is "Light and Easy". Pretty OK i guess to listen to while not actually listening to it. Does that make any sense? Probably not. Ha ha



Photos courtesy of umc

No comments:

Post a Comment