Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I think he just needs some time

Liverpool supporters are just a funny, fickle bunch of supporters.

We have a new manager in, and its only been just 4 games or so into the season. Four games. And some of them are already calling for his head. He doesn't know what he is doing. Biting off a bit more than he can chew. Out of his depth. Benitez mark two. Too defensive. I read somewhere (can't be arsed to remember where) that someone mentioned that he is treating Merieles like how Rafa was treating Aquilani by not starting him against Birmingham.

I mean, come on! It's only been four games! Four games!

And in those four games, we played Arsenal, Manchester City, Birmingham and West Brom. We got a point against the Arse (good result considering we were down to 10 men), we lost against Citeh (who spent a gazillion dollars this summer), we drew against Birm (which they haven't lost at home for god knows how long) and we won against West Brom.

Just being realistic here, but that to me sounds like a decent return, in the position that we are in now. What did you really expect? Of course my heart tells me we should have bulldozed all of them. Ten Nil. Torres bagging five or six, Gerrard a couple and maybe Reina a hattrick or two.

But come on, lets be a bit realistic here.

I'll reserve my judgement until, hmm... say Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment