Thursday, September 23, 2010

How low can you go?

Just read that we lost to Northampton Town. A team languishing in the second division. Didn't (couldn't, since it wasn't shown here in KL) watch the game so I can't really comment about how badly we played.

Other than the fact that our highly paid second stringers lost to, no disrespect to them, a team that we should have won against. I mean, with a team of international players, with European experience and all that, we could manage to lose against them. Agger, Soto, Babel, Jova, Lucas, Ngog.

I am in agreement with what Roy Hodgson has to say about all this.

"We have 12 players, or 13 players if you include Fabio Aurelio, who didn't play tonight and are the more famous names. But outside of them, the players we had out tonight are the ones we have and I thought it was a good opportunity for them to show what they can do at Anfield."


"The fact is these players have to accept responsibility. I have to accept responsibility for changing a lot of players in the team, but I did it because I thought the players I put on the field would be good enough to go out and win the game."

Honestly i agree with him there. Looking at the starting line up, I would have thought myself that, there's a team that could do a job for us. Waiting on the wings with a chance to impress the manager to give them more playing time in the first team. Motivation enough for all of them to play their hearts out there.

So my thoughts are, these people are the ones who have something to prove. The ones that should be taking this opportunity to shine. Show 'em what you got and all that. And in the end, they lost to a 2nd division team (again, no disrespect to them).

Simply not good enough, I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment