Tuesday, June 29, 2004

He is staying

Finally, Gerrard comes out clean and states that he is staying. Having read various websites and blogs regarding this news, I must say that the general feeling is that of relief rather than excitement. It is absolutely good news to me, and although i did at a point of time had my doubts that he might be on the way, fair play to him for actually coming out and saying that he DID in fact consider leaving at one point, and i don't blame him for that. The main important fact is, he is staying and i believe him when he says that he is 100% committed to the club. Thats all that matters. Now, Owen, when are YOU going to come out and say THAT?!

Quote:
"The last three of four weeks have been really confusing for me.

"I have been involved in a big tournament and that's the reason I have been really quiet about my future.

"I have not really been happy with the progress the club has made the last two years as I have often told the media. For the first time in my career I thought about the possibility of leaving Liverpool for another club. But after Euro 2004 and sitting down with my family, having a fourth meeting with Rick and spending time with my agent, I am staying on at Liverpool.

"I am 100% committed to the club. I've gone with a decision that's been in my heart. I love the club, I love the supporters and that's what it boiled down to at the end of the day."

Courtesy of koptalk.org

No comments:

Post a Comment