Thursday, April 22, 2004

Customary Liverpool Rant

Now, how can i write into here about stuff and not write/rant/bitch about my one and only Liverpool? I mean, it won't be "complete" then, right? To tell you the truth, I really don't have that much to write about Liverpool now. The season has been shite, the team plays shite football, and to think that some people would actually be HAPPY if we actually get the 4th placing and the ticket into the Champs League, albeit via the back door. I mean, to me, i don't care anymore what happens this season. If we get it, fine, if not, it sucks, but i don't think we deserve to be in the Champs League anyway, judging by the amount of dross that we have been dishing out this season. I am just going to write off this whole season off and see what happens during the summer, players coming in / going out, or even managers coming in/ going out.

Talking about managers going in and out, it seems now that Houllier most likely will still be around next season, judging by the announcement made by Parry that Houllier will receive a 30 million squid transfer kitty during the summer to get us "back on track", which is a major dissappointment to me actually. I won't lie to you, I want Houllier out this summer. I would like to thank him for all that he has done for the team, but i fail to see any hint that he can bring us that one step further to becoming a great team. Also, this summer, what does Parry think Houllier would be able to do with 30 million when he has spent close to 120 million and STILL we are just oh so far behind the league leaders, it's not funny. I mean, we are closer to the relegation zone than we are to Arsenal!

And speaking of Champions League football, it also seems that we are "chasing" Auxere central defender and "Papa Smurf" teamate, Phillipe Mexes. Now, I am pretty sure that he is a very good footballer and has years of quality football ahead of him, but his (or his agent's) comment that he would "only join us if we get into the Champs League" just pisses me off. If that's the case, he can jsut go bugger off as I, personally, do not want to see those sort of footballing mercenaries playing for us. We have enough heartless foreign mercenary imports in our squad already not giving their 100% already, and i dont think i can stand another primadonna coming in.

Later.