Friday, February 06, 2004

They called it WHAT?!!

First and foremost.. what on EARTH were they thinking of giving it a name like "GEN-2"?! If you don't know what I am talking about, basically our very own national motoring company has just officially launched their latest model, the one they used to called the WRM a.k.a Wira Replacement Model a.k.a Sutera. Now, if you asked me, OK, I know you wont since nobody would give a rat's arse about what i think but i'll say it anyway, I would have prefered the "Sutera" name, to go along the lines of their Wira, Waja, Iswara naming schemes. I would have thought that since it is a national car, the names should have been a bit more nationalistic (?), i guess. I mean, the very first national car was called the "Saga" and a lot of effort was made into naming it, if i remember correctly, so that it would reflect our countries' culture or what nots. But no, the company that is "Daring to change" (is that grammatically correct in the first place?!!), are now even "daring to change" the way they name their cars. Oh well, what do i know? I just think that GEN-2 is a ridiculous name, but i guess that's more of an individual's preference.

Anyway, finally, after much hoo haa, the car has arrived. I would reserve any judgement i have on it until i have had a chance to actually touch and feel it. In the meantime, here are some links to some reviews that have popped up at exactly 6:01pm today after the "embargo" was lifted on their release from AutoWorld [autotrade.com.my] and from Star-Motoring [star-motoring.com] and another one from autoworld [autotrade.com.my].

From what i have read and seen so far on the net, it looks pretty decent, the interior doesn't look as dodgy as it first looked in the spy pics before, but the colours, OUCH!! Especially that green one. OH. MY. GOD. Butt Ugly. Absoultely hideous. Horrendous. However, the grey one doesn't look too bad at all. Actually, i might just drop by my friendly neighbourhood Proton Edar tomorrow to check it out.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment