Monday, January 05, 2004

I feel so darn sleepy this afternoon

Yeah yeah yeah... i changed my blog template AGAIN. People must either think i'm an absolute psychopath or i just have way too much time on my hands nowadays. Well, i mean, i just got bored and tired of the one i played around with yesterday so i just decided to change it around. Also, i just can't get myself to start working in the afternoon after a huge lunch and i am also without my dose of caffeine. I think also it's due to the fatigue of going to sleep at half past two this morning and waking up at the ungodly hour of seven this morning to go to work. I slept late last night because i needed to finish off some work that i had to do (which had nothing to do with me being complacent, but just because i was so darn busy this weekend... yes, seriously.... busy) (also i took a 1/2 hour break at half past one to watch Top Gear, since i needed a break at that time) and i had to come in early cos i had to prepare for an early discussion with a colleague of mine as well.

Traffic this morning was suprisingly and amazingly clear on the way to office. Actually, i was fearing the worst this morning due to today being the first day of school and all, and usually when school restarts in KL, the horrendous traffic during "rush hour" in KL restarts as well. However, driving out of PJ this morning, onto the Federal Highway and guess what? Clear traffic at Mid Valley. Amazing. Then driving all the way to Jalan Syed Putra and getting on towards Jalan Mahameru, and still, clear traffic (actually, when i say clear traffic, it means less cars relatively to the usual and not clear as in absolutely no cars on the road that i can just step on the gas, close my eyes and put my arms behind my back and not hit any cars sort of clear. Not that i do that in the first place. Anyway ... ), and then finally, at the Pekeliling roundabout area, smooth flowing traffic. Absolutely amazing. Whats wrong with these people?!! My benchmark for smooth flowing traffic to work every morning would be not having to slow down and stop at the Pekeliling roundabout area. But today.. smooth flowing traffic there. Amazing. I can only hope that the traffic on the way back would be as good. (I wish!!!)

Been reading some football websites and it seems that Liverpool are close to signing the French (yes, ANOTHER Frenchie!!) forward Djibril Cisse due to reports claiming that he has already been to Anfield to undergo his fitness tests. It also seems now, that the only way we wont get him, would be if he either fails the fitness test, or if the Liverpool management suddenly decide against it. I have to admit, i have not yet seen Cisse play at all, so i will pass my judgement on him til then. However, it seems that we will be spending close to 15 million pounds to get him, and he will only come in the summer. Now don't get me wrong, i do want to see quality players come to the club, but i somehow fail to see how spending 15 million pounds on a player, arguably still unproven as he has only been playing in the French League so far ( a league where Smicer was hailed as one of the most gifted midfielders in the world once... long long time ago ), and would only be arriving supposedly in the summer, could be classified as an excellent move. Yes, i might be proven wrong, but somehow, deep inside of me, i have this strange feeling that he will be brought in not as a partner for Owen, but more so as a replacement.

I guess we just would have to see what happens in the summer. It just sends shivers down my spine thinking that if indeed that happens, (Owen leaving and Cisse coming), i hope Cisse will prove all the doubters wrong and does live up to the tag as the next Henry / Trezeguet / Anelka (without the sulk) / and not the next Cheryou / Diao / Ferri / (hey, all of the crap flops i listed are from Liverpool?!!). On a side note, good result against Yeovil town, although i would have expected that anything other than a win against them would be deemed unacceptable. Good to see Heskey and Murphy on the score sheet. Didn't watch the match last night as i needed my sleep, but based on all the match reports and my colleagues, it wasn't really a pretty game to be watching. Oh well.

Anyhow, making a move now. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment