Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Chinese Fried Rice with a Sunny Side Up On Top

I have been feeling so darn demotivated at work so far this week. I still do my work, but it just doesn't feel the same as before. I think it's due to the extra long Chinese New Year break and probably my mind is sub-conciously thinking ahead to the other 4 day weekend coming up this weekend. God, it was so hard to wake up on Monday morning. Some people are just plain inconsiderate. I need something to be done by tomorrow morning, but i need someone to finish his stuff first before i can start. So what does this evil evil human being do? He goes for a afternoon coffee break and finishes his stuff on time for him (i.e. just 5 minutes before 5:30 so that he can go home in time), but that means i have to stay on in the office after hours. This is probably another factor that adds to my demotivation of work.

I read in the paper that Erra Fazira ( Local female Malaysian artiste and one half Malay celebrity of the moment) was "overwhelmed with nervousness" while shooting her latest Malay flick Tujuh Perhentian. Just can't seem to stop the voices in my head screaming the words "cheap, publicity, and desperation". Usually i don't even bother with this sort of news, but somehow this one has just caught my eye. I seriously think that Erra is getting a bit too exposed already and people would probably start to get sick of her, but i would probably be wrong considering the fact that i predicted the same to Ms (Soon to be Mrs it seems..) Siti Nurhaliza in her early early years, and look whats happened to her! Again, god knows why I am keeping up with this "useful" piece of information but there you go.

I have started to have a weird fondness of Chinese Fried Rice with a sunny side on top lately and I just can't seem to get enough of it. I seriously do not know why. The first time i had it recently, before i started on my Chinese Fried Rice with a sunny side on top craving was probably a few weeks back during lunch, at one of the mamak stalls at the "island" along Jalan Semarak, just opposite Wisma Telekom Semarak, now the proud headquarters of the now number one (arguably) mobile telephony service provider, Celcom.

Don't know why, but somehow the service provided by the ex-numero uno (arguably as well) Maxis, which i have been a loyal customer for the past 4 years or so, have been utterly disappointing. Absolutely. I have lost count of the so many times my calls have been dropped, or the oh so many times people can't hear me, or when i can't hear to anything the other person is speaking. The only thing thats keeping me from changing over to Celcom would be my reluctance to change my handset number to a new one and the hassle that comes with it, although i have read somewhere before, don't exactly remember where, that there are proposals that numbers would be exchangeable between service providers, ie you can have a Celcom line and still keep your 012******* number with you. I, for one, would be all for this proposal, not because it would be oh so convenient to me, but also it would open up the market and increase competition between the service providers as a lot of the so called customer loyalty for a particular service provider, a huge chunk of customers are probably people like me who just can't be arsed to change as i want to keep my mobile number. Imagine, Maxis giving you crap service? Let me change to Celcom. I am still using my same number. Digi giving better rates and better coverage? Let me change to them instead. I am STILL using my same number! If this was the case, mobile telephony service providers would have to be on their toes constantly to keep their subscribers, and hence offering better deals to the consumers which can only be a good thing to us.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment